Our client company has a chain of luxury restaurants.
The candidate we are looking for will use a variety of kitchen and cooking equipment, including step-in coolers, high-quality knives, meat slicers, and grinders. They also have access to large quantities of meats, spices, and produce. Some chefs use scheduling and purchasing software to help them in their administrative tasks.
Specifically, the resource will deal with:
- Check freshness of food and ingredients.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and other food preparation workers.
- Develop recipes and determine how to present the food.
- Plan menus and ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality.
- Hire, train, and supervise cooks and other food preparation workers.
- Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies.
- Monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards.
- Associate Degree in Culinary Arts required (Bachelor’s preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience as a Chef in a full-service restaurant
- 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Excellent communication skills in English and Italian
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Dedicated to food quality and control
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
The remuneration package will be commensurate with the actual experience and in any case will be able to satisfy even the most qualified candidates.
Adami & Associati is a Head hunting company specialized in the search and selection of qualified personnel, in Italy and abroad. We have been active in the field for over fifteen years. With our HR recruiting activities we helped more than 3,000 customers, who, thanks to our services improved their performance, expand their horizons of growth and development, as well as their performance and turnover.